2001 Dodge Caravan Missfire

SAMHEMRAJ
  • 2001 DODGE CARAVAN
Hi
My caravan is missfire change all plus wire and still. No engine light comes on any suggestion
Monday, September 28th, 2009 AT 2:32 PM

I'm not sure I understand. You have a misfire, no check engine light, and you replaced the plugs and wires and nothing has changed? Have you checked to make sure the injector is firing? Are you getting spark to the bad cylender? Have you checked compression in that cylender? Fuel pressure?
Tuesday, October 6th, 2009 AT 10:49 AM
SAMHEMRAJ
I have turn the key on and off three times and it is giving me code 1684 can you please let me know what is it, I have little cash and cannot afford to take it to a shop
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 6:59 PM
For Chrysler products, P1684 means the battery to the pcm(powertrain control module)has been disconnected within the last 50 start cycles. A cycle is when you start the van, run it, and then shut it.

Was the battery disconnected at any point?
Wednesday, November 4th, 2009 AT 7:28 PM
SAMHEMRAJ
Yes the battery was disconnected because I had to change the starter
Saturday, November 7th, 2009 AT 3:23 AM
Is the miss constant?
Saturday, November 7th, 2009 AT 10:58 PM
SAMHEMRAJ
The van is not missing constantly only when you go over 100 km hr and I notice that there is steam coming from the radiator cap I change it but it still happening, the gauge is reading normal, cooling fan is working any suggestion, I kindly appreciate all you help you is giving me because of my financial situation
Once again thank you
Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 5:55 PM
Chances are where the overflow tube connects to the radiator may have cracked. Listen, they make a pump that will pressurize the system so you can check for leaks. You may want to try that. Also, you can get a dye to put into the radiator. Drive it from a couple days and check for a leak using a black light. THe dye will glow and you can trace where it is coming from.

I hate to say it, but the tanks they use on the radiators today are plastic. Over time they either crack or where they are crimped together they get loose and come apart. Try one of the methods I mentioned. Let me know where the leak is coming from so I can help you decide if it is repairable or if it needs replaced.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Monday, November 9th, 2009 AT 6:54 PM