2001 Dodge Caravan All electrical failure

2001 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

Hello, I have a 2001 Dodge Caravan, it has been a good car, but 2 days ago... Well I wen to work and then I went home as always, I had to park 1 house away because I had company at home, like 2 hours after I went to move the van, I obviosly pushed the alarm button to open doors and turn of the alarm it did it with no problem all the ligths turn on, everithing seem normal. I tried to start the car, and It was going to start but then, everithing on the car, I mean electrical went off, and I mean off, nothing turns on, not even the outside ligths or the stop not even the radio, nothing, the alarm dosent work I cant start it, nothing, Its just strange, I checked the fuses the battery and everithing seems fine, the only way I can get a reaccion is putting the hazzart ligths that way the only thing that turns on are the little sings that apear on the dashboard, and the ding ding ding sounds that it makes wen you put in the key, but wen I turn the azzard off, nothing again. Can you explain to me what this can be. Thank you.

Thursday, November 26th, 2009 AT 3:40 AM

Welcome, I'd make sure the battery has a full charge and the connections are good. Next, if your saying the starter won't crank? Use a testlite, check for voltage at the starter relay circuits, integrated power module, under the hood. Voltage to the load side of relay is hot all the time, terminal 30. That is a fused circuit, fuse 9-- 40 amp. Voltage to the coil side of relay, goes hot with the key in the start position.

Thursday, November 26th, 2009 AT 2:53 PM