2000 Dodge Caravan VAN KEEPS STALLING

TLSPIKES20007
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
2000 Dodge Caravan Engine Size unknown Front Wheel Drive Automatic 135239 miles

WHY DOES THIS VAN STALL WHEN I SLOW DOWN OR TAKE MY FOOT OFF THE GAS PEDDLE. THEN TAKE A SECOND TO RESTART BUT RESTART LIKE IT WAS NOT PROBLEM?
Sunday, February 24th, 2008 AT 12:56 PM

D5NUKE
Well this could be a couple things. Either the IAC SENSOR, THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR, OR THE EGR VALVE. I would check the IAC first then the others. The EGR valve if stuck open after cruising at speed could cause this also. Do you get any Error codes if so have auto zone scan it for you.
Wednesday, February 27th, 2008 AT 7:26 PM
ANDREW720691
I have a 1991 dodge caravan, the problem is the van won't stay on when started. Starts, then have to keep gas petal down for it to stay on once gas pedal is released engine stops. Then I turn the key again and it starts. What is this problem
Wednesday, February 27th, 2008 AT 9:33 PM
ANDREW720691
:)
Wednesday, February 27th, 2008 AT 9:45 PM
D5NUKE
I would check the throttle position sensor and the IAC idle air control valve. If you can keep it running with the pedal but not with out it is more than likely one of those has gone bad.
Friday, February 29th, 2008 AT 12:07 AM