RADIATOR FAN RELAY CONNECTION HARNESS.

2000 Dodge Caravan

chrisxx

November, 10, 2010 AT 3:12 PM

Engine Cooling problem
2000 Dodge Caravan 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175185 miles

Gentlemen,

Thanks in advance for your assistance! I'm replacing a radiator fan relay on a 2000 4cyl Dodge Caravan and can't get the relay unplugged from the harness. I'm afraid of damaging the connector which of course I'll need to connect the new relay.

Can you point me to an illustration or advise me on how to unplug the relay from the wiring harness? Also, once installed, if it functions properly, do I need to use the pigtail that comes with the new relay? I'd like to avoid the pigtail splicing if possible.

Thanks sincerely!

chrisxx

Jacobandnickolas

November, 10, 2010 AT 3:14 PM

Chances are it is hard to disconnect because it heated up and melted. It should pull out of the socket. As far as the pigtail, if they gave you one, there is a reason or update. If I'm correct and the original one melted down, you will want to replace it.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Wrenchtech

November, 10, 2010 AT 3:15 PM

They gave you that new pigtail for a reason. They have a problem with the plugs melting on to the relay. Cut the wires and splice in the new pigtail.

chrisxx

November, 10, 2010 AT 3:45 PM

Jacobandnicolas/Wrenchtech,

Thank you guys most sincerely for your prompt & informative response! Guess that eliminates any need to know how to unplug the relay from the harness.

Thanks again!
Chrisxx

Wrenchtech

November, 10, 2010 AT 3:48 PM

Your welcome
Sorry Jacob, I missed your post.

Jacobandnickolas

November, 10, 2010 AT 4:11 PM

Not a problem. I see we were both on the same page.

Chris, we are glad to help. If you have questions in the future, let us know. Also, pass our webpage on to friends and family, and thanks for using 2carpros. Com.

Take care,

Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chevrolet
Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement Chrysler PT