Compressor not working

BHJAGSFAN
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
All the sudden I cannot hear the compressor turn on. Aproximately how much should the repairs be. Also, let me say that the back part of the van had been blowing out warm air before this.I figured it just needed freon.
Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 AT 2:16 PM

JOELPB
If you are low on Freon, the compressor will not come on. You can short the pressure switch to see if it will then run, but if it is low just do this momentarily. You can recharge it with a kit or pay someone else to do it. If you have a leak, the cost will vary a lot depending on the problem. Find a good ac repair shot
Wednesday, August 6th, 2008 AT 8:13 PM
MEHOME
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
It will turn on if I jump it from battery to relay block and computer will not reset fan works on all speeds but will not totally shut off. New resistor and A/C relay installed. Any help for me. Thanks in advance.
Friday, October 6th, 2017 AT 11:36 AM (Merged)
BLACKDRAGON43
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
Have had compresser and recharged and for some reason clutch on compresser will not kick in. At a/c plug there is ground, but not not power. No power on wire harness going to a/c plug. We have checked fuses and wires and all are good. Have even tried to jump hot to compress from battery and still nothing. Please help getting to hot outside can't take the heat.
See I f circuit breaker 1 in dash fuse block is any good then seeif relay is any good underhood first. Then have apro check from there because it can be a few things
JULIEG
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
Air Conditioning problem
2000 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive 40800 miles

How can I tell if the air conditioning compressor is the reason my air is not working I am hoping not to have to go for a compressor $ is tight and Disabled Husband with breathing problems can't take the heat. Can you help me find out please
Being nine years old, it is likely the refrigerant has leaked out and must be recharged. There is a low pressure cutout switch that will prevent the compressor from running so it won't suck the low side into a vacuum. Doing so would draw air and humidity in through a leak. The moisture will combine with refrigerant oil to produce corrosive byproducts.

TOUFICT
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
Air Conditioning problem
2000 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 123000 miles

How to test if I have bad compressor?
Is the clutch engaging? Is there any cool air from the system? Is the freon level full?

Let me know.

Friday, October 6th, 2017 AT 11:37 AM (Merged)
PERRY BASILE
  • 2000 DODGE CARAVAN
Air Conditioning problem
2000 Dodge Caravan 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 159000 miles

The compressor engages and there is freon in the system. Also, the fan switch will only work on high.

Can you help me?

Thank you,

Perry Basile
BMRFIXIT
Fan working on high only and no other speeds
need to replace blower motor speed control resister