1999 Dodge Caravan No sparks

PATRICIO04
  • 1999 DODGE CARAVAN
1999 Dodge Caravan 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

My veh. Will crank but wont start. I checked the spark plugs and cyl # 1 and #4 were full of oil so I removed the valve cover and found the spark pulg seals under the valve cover were worn. Replaced wire and spark pugs and still not getting any spark. I got a new ignition coil and it still wont start. I got a four codes 3 of them for emission and one for the pedal control sensor. I dont see how that would affect the coild not getting any power. I was in the middle of replacing the radiator when I was testing the radiator since it started to overheat and thats when the veh wouldnt start again. I hope I explained my self correctly. Thanks
Friday, May 1st, 2009 AT 9:54 PM

No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Friday, May 1st, 2009 AT 10:13 PM
PATRICIO04
Thanks for replying my question. After further trouble shooting I found out that my computer was inop. Thats why I was not getting spark.
Thursday, May 7th, 2009 AT 8:06 AM