1999 Dodge Caravan Lights Flashing

SHNARKS4
  • 1999 DODGE CARAVAN
The driver's side passenger automatic window is not working and the automatic doorlock is working intermittenly. This has been going on for over 5 months, but now what I have just noticed is that the dome lights, the door locks and the ding-ding noise (for lack of a better term) will just go on and off while I'm driving. This does not happen every week, but when it does, it will happen 5 to 6 times while I'm driving.

I took my car to a mechanic and of course, it didn't do the above when it was taken in for repair. They thought if might be the control module; not for certain. He indicated it could an expensive repair.

What do you think? If I don't have the problem fixed, do I have a safety issue or could I be doing further damage to my car?
Saturday, October 4th, 2008 AT 8:28 AM

MERLIN2021
The most common problem, is a broken wire(s) in the conduit that goes from the door, to the inside of the car, check that out.
Saturday, October 4th, 2008 AT 3:09 PM