1998 Dodge Caravan car won`t start

RECSIDEE@AOL.COM
  • 1998 DODGE CARAVAN
I am sure there are a ton of reasons for a vehicle not starting.I did do a process of elemanation through a "street machanic`s" ideals. From this process it would seem I need to replace the neutral safety switch.I get absolutely nothing when starting my caravan.I have plenty bright headlights & interior lights & when trying to start my van with the lights on the lights do not dim at all. Supposidly this means I need a new neutral safety switch. Is this correct?I also blew the 40a fuse marked IGN. SW. In the fuse & relay center two times when trying to start my van. Please Help! Thankyou I`d also need the location of this switch to fix it myself
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 11:30 AM

RACEFAN966
I do not think it is the switch on that type of starter they do this alot. They are fixed rather cheap if you have an electrical repair shop. The neutral saftey switch is on the transmission there the linkage hooks up. I would also check the starter relay too. Have you put it in neutral to see if it starts then? If you want to test it then you will need a digital multi meter.
Monday, December 15th, 2008 AT 4:01 PM