1997 Dodge Caravan Battery light is lit

JUNIOR14
  • 1997 DODGE CARAVAN
I got a 1997 Dodge Caravan. Took the van to autozone had the van checked and he said the alternator is bad. I remove the alt. Took it to autozone and had them bench test it and it passed twice. I left and went to kragen and same thing passed twice. But the odd thing was no one can tell me if it putting out any volts. So I popped the alt. Back in the van charged the battery. Started fine battery light was off then suddenly the van goes dead. I removed the battery took it to pepboys (battery was bad)and had it replaced under warranty. Popped everything back together. Yaahoo? Well the van went dead. What is the problem with the van? Alt. Has passed a bench test what is next?
Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 AT 11:39 PM

Have the PCM field generation driver checked out

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_alty_42.jpg

Thursday, January 29th, 2009 AT 12:02 AM
JUNIOR14
What is a pcm? Where do I find it? If it needs replacing does it cost much? The van is only worth 2k. So im not looking to spend a whole lot. Will replaing the Alternator fix my problem instead?
Thursday, January 29th, 2009 AT 5:44 PM