1996 Dodge grand Caravan horn trouble

DANA19701988
  • 1996 DODGE CARAVAN
The air bag light stays on and the horn and the cruise control does not work. This all happened at one time. The horn will sound when I lock the car with the remote but not as loud as it use to. HELP! :Lol:
Saturday, January 14th, 2006 AT 3:10 PM

PINKCADDYGRL
Did you ever get a resolution to your problem? I have a 1997 dodge caravan 3.3 and it's doing the same thing, plus it kicked out service engine soon codes po700 and po 1776 today
+1
Tuesday, April 18th, 2006 AT 8:51 PM
VANDRAGON
It's the clock spring, it is under the airbag. There was a recall on it about 4 months ago. DO NOT TRY TO REPLACE IT YOURSELF. You can get hurt real fast!

Call a dealership and ask if you car is covered, good luck and be safe. Vandrangon
Friday, April 21st, 2006 AT 3:28 PM
PINKCADDYGRL
Thanks to the reply on the clock spring because it was under recall and now the horn works, the cruise works and the air bag light doesn't stay on anymore. However I still am having problems with it dying on me. Sometimes not for a few days other times frequently in a 1 day period. Sometimes it dies in idle mode other times when I'm slowing down. It always starts right up, but boy is it frustrating, any ideas?
Sunday, May 14th, 2006 AT 8:28 PM
VANDRAGON
Could be the crank or cam position sensor. Do you smell fuel at start up? If so, there is also a recall on the fuelrail leaking. This would cause it to get to much air. If I can think of anything else I wil post. Vandragon
Monday, May 15th, 2006 AT 1:59 PM
PINKCADDYGRL
Nope! No fuel smell on start up or any other time. Also there are times where the check engine light will come on briefly while i'm driving and when it does the engine "hits hard" and lunges. It might do it once or 3 or 4 times. Light never stays on and when it does that the "hitting hard" it kicks off the cruise control
Monday, May 15th, 2006 AT 2:13 PM