1996 Dodge Caravan miss fire

SPEEDPROSHOP
  • 1996 DODGE CARAVAN
1996 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

i have a 3.8litre dodge caravan 1996 and on one piston
i have fire on spark plug put piston not working correct
i have remove the spark plug wire when running the engine does not change sound but all other does
i as a ruff idle, never check compression yet do not no what to do any more please help
Sunday, April 4th, 2010 AT 12:05 PM

CH112063
Try another wire and plug. Then do a compression test, if ok swap the injector with another. See if spraying carb. Cleaner around the intake gasket near that cylinder picks the idle and power up for that cylinder. The intake gasket could have a crack in it. Get the compression guage here, they have the same one I payed 250.00 for quite a bit cheaper, ok.
Sunday, April 4th, 2010 AT 8:14 PM
SPEEDPROSHOP
I have try plug wire and spark plug, injector all good, there is fire on plug I have clean today injector and doing the same missing on number #2 piston idle bad starts good look like, when pulling wire #2 off that plug engine stay same, when I do to other the engine drop down more,
i no that #2 piston something wrong, I pull injector plug wire of I heard it stop running, the only thing left is check compression

trying to do my best in english because I am french sorry about that
Sunday, April 4th, 2010 AT 11:14 PM
CH112063
I could tell about your English. You do fine. Compression next, should be within 25psi of others, no more. Good luck.
You'll triumph. Such is life.
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 7:47 PM
SPEEDPROSHOP
Thank you I will try it tomorrow let you no
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 10:14 PM
2CARPROS LINSEY
Hi speed pro shop, Any results yet?
Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 3:30 PM
SPEEDPROSHOP
Always the same little on low compression, good the valve guide lose compression, I add a sctock car when I was racing and the head was done losing compression from the valve same spec as that
Thursday, April 15th, 2010 AT 4:15 PM
CH112063
Well the head is so easy to take off, are you going to do the top end? Sometimes when you renew the top, it blows the piston rings out. Might be best to do the rods, mains, and re-ring it. Good luck, let me know if ya need anything, ok? Need a hoist. We did all ours in car. Used a hone to deglaze the cylinders.
I have resealed a few of these. If your piston comes up, valve guides being bad should not cause the valves seating to be affected. With the piston up on the compression stroke there are 2 places you can lose compression up, down. The valves or valve may not be seating or ring problem. A wet cylinder compression test will tell you which. Squirt some oil in. The oil you squirt in seals the rings to bring compression up. Bad rings. It has little or no affect on valves. Try a wet compression test so you'll know where your going. I am no total expert, no such thing. I hope I helped you. Good luck. Let me know.
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 6:19 PM