1996 Dodge Caravan Car Stalls when coming to a stop and whi

MLAUFFER
  • 1996 DODGE CARAVAN
1996 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Twice my car has died while coming to a stop sign and once while driving. The dash board lights up
and dings. But when you try to turn it back on it will not restart. After sitting for a while it wiil eventually
restart. We had a tune up done no codes came up
on the computer. I have heard that Caravan can have problems with the fuel pump relay switch.
Do you think this could be the problem or could it be
the fuel pump itself?
Thursday, June 12th, 2008 AT 11:24 AM

OBXAUTOMEDIC

Well, it could be a couple things. First need to check a couple things. When is stalls and won't restart you will need to check to see if it is getting fuel. You will need a fuel pressure tester. If fuel pressure is fine the next thing to check is Spark, to do this you can use a philips head screw driver pull a plug wire off place the screw driver in the end then place it somewhere that it will be close within a quarter inch of a good ground and NOT the Battery Ground. Have someone try starting the vehicle. You should see a spark jump between the driver and the ground.

Post results here in the forum.
Friday, June 13th, 2008 AT 8:10 AM