1995 Dodge Caravan cooling

BLU RAY
  • 1995 DODGE CARAVAN
1995 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic lots miles

With hood open engine at idle motor gets to hot cooling fan kicks in and blows the fuse in the distribution fuse box under hood, with fuse still blowen turn on air conditioner and the fan will keep kicking in and out to cool but seems to kick in to quick, shut air off and engine still at idle put new fuse in and when fan kicks in for low fan cooling the fuse blows, it has to be some where at the relay that it must be shorting out, what would be the problem, well i'm still guessing. If you could give me any info on this would be appreciated thank you, ray
Tuesday, August 25th, 2009 AT 7:47 PM

Hello, what is the amp rating of the fuse that keeps blowing? Take the connector loose from the fan motor, use jumper wires from the battery posts for voltage and ground, use an inline fuse. My info shows dark green wire is voltage for low speed, run voltage wire to that terminal, ground is black. If the fuse still blows, something wrong with the fan motor.
Wednesday, August 26th, 2009 AT 11:21 AM