1993 Dodge Caravan Replaced dash assembly on 93 Caravan, no

FRANCISDESQ
  • 1993 DODGE CARAVAN
I had to replace the dash assembly on my 1993 Dodge Caravan 3ltr. After replacement, everything seems to be OK, accessories all come on, fuel pump kicks on, but the car won't start. Starter, alternator, and battery are all good. The car does not crank, starter does not click. The cable leading from the shift linkage to the park indicator in the instrument panel got snapped off in the process. Do you think that might be it, or could it be something else? The ignition signal is being disrupted somewhere, but I'm not sure where. All the wiring is properly connected.
Monday, February 22nd, 2010 AT 9:09 AM

Do the dash lights turn on in the "run" position? Try bypassing the starter relay when the ignition switch is on. If everything else works, suspect a cracked cam on the end of the ignition switch cylinder. It will not turn quite far enough to hit the "crank" position. The dealership parts department has an inexpensive repair kit for this.

Friday, February 26th, 2010 AT 6:34 AM