2007 Dodge Caliber

DAEDA03
  • 2007 DODGE CALIBER
2007 Dodge Caliber 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive

I really hope that it is not anything serious. I pulled up in my driveway put the car in park and it cut off. I tried to crank it up but it would not start it was just clicking. The radio and my lights were still working. I had the battery and alternator tested a couple weeks prior and everything was good. Now my lights are starting to go dim and I think the battery is dying. I can't ignore the fact that the reason I had it tested was because of this loud noise in the front of the car. It was sounding like a F150. It was my belt making a lot of noise what could be possibly wrong?
Saturday, July 25th, 2009 AT 1:14 AM

The clicking when trying to start usually indicates a low battery. Also, did you replace the belt since you heard the noise? It may be bad allowing the alt to slip and not properly charge the battery.

As far as the belt, make sure it's tight. There is an automatic belt tensionier that could be getting weak and allowing the belt to slip.

Let me know.

Monday, November 2nd, 2009 AT 9:45 AM