DASHBOARD WARNING LIGHT - SYMBOL OF CAR WITH A LINE THROUGH IT

• Sypin
  • 1997 Ford Explorer

On the dashboard of my 1997 Ford Explorer a new light has appeared. It is located on the right hand side of the dash, to the right of the oil indicator and above the battery charge indicator. The light is shaped like a little car with a line through it, i.E. It is crossed out. I have looked through the Owner's Manual and there is no mention anywhere of such a light existing. The car appears to operate normally in all respects. What is the meaning of this light?

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 11:23 AM

• saturntech9

Does it say anything on the light?

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 12:44 PM
  • Sypin

No, there are no words or letters associated with the warning light. Just the symbol.

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 12:47 PM
  • saturntech9

Can you take a pic and post it?

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 12:48 PM
  • saturntech9

I see a air bag brake light charging light check engine light door ajar light rear abs and seat belt light. It doesn't show me a diagram with the lights what they look like and where they are. Is it the airbag light?Doesit flash then stay on solid?

Monday, April 29th, 2013 AT 7:28 PM
  • Sypin

Attached please find a picture of the warning light and its location on the dashboard indicated by the arrow. This light does not flash but stays on solid.

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 AT 1:39 PM
  • saturntech9

Is it all weel drive or 4 wheel drive?Have you had the vechile scanned with a professional scan tool that can read all the computers yet?

Thursday, May 2nd, 2013 AT 7:33 AM