DASHBOARD WARNING LIGHT - SYMBOL OF CAR WITH A LINE THROUGH IT

1997 Ford Explorer

Sypin

April, 29, 2013 AT 11:23 AM

On the dashboard of my 1997 Ford Explorer a new light has appeared. It is located on the right hand side of the dash, to the right of the oil indicator and above the battery charge indicator. The light is shaped like a little car with a line through it, i.E. It is crossed out. I have looked through the Owner's Manual and there is no mention anywhere of such a light existing. The car appears to operate normally in all respects. What is the meaning of this light?

saturntech9

April, 29, 2013 AT 12:44 PM

Does it say anything on the light?

Sypin

April, 29, 2013 AT 12:47 PM

No, there are no words or letters associated with the warning light. Just the symbol.

saturntech9

April, 29, 2013 AT 12:48 PM

Can you take a pic and post it?

saturntech9

April, 29, 2013 AT 7:28 PM

I see a air bag brake light charging light check engine light door ajar light rear abs and seat belt light. It doesn't show me a diagram with the lights what they look like and where they are. Is it the airbag light?Doesit flash then stay on solid?

Sypin

April, 30, 2013 AT 1:39 PM

Attached please find a picture of the warning light and its location on the dashboard indicated by the arrow. This light does not flash but stays on solid.

saturntech9

May, 2, 2013 AT 7:33 AM

Is it all weel drive or 4 wheel drive?Have you had the vechile scanned with a professional scan tool that can read all the computers yet?

Brake Light Bulb Replacement
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Fix a Door That Will Not Close With Ease