ELECTRICAL

1991 Daihatsu

tymc2

December, 18, 2008 AT 3:24 PM

1991 Other Daihatsu Models 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 104500 miles

The newly installed mini fog lamps on my car worked for one month then stopped. The bulbs were checked and found to be working, but the lights won't come on. Also, whenever I switch the head lights on and change to the brighter lights, the lights chip out then chip in before staying on. At times they go off for a few seconds then come on back. An electrician checked the connection and changed out some wires, but the problem remains. Now my brake lights come on now and then even though a new switch was installed.

I need help! I've been lucky not to get a ticket.

william treder

January, 20, 2009 AT 8:44 AM

If you lights workd before the fog lamps were installed. Is'nt the problem obvious? Anything that was done can be undone. Fog lamps are not necessary, furthermore usually they are wired to a toggle switch under the dash, and you can flip the switch when you are driving through fog. Messing with wiring in new cars is a NO NO. But you may add additional wire, find a hot lug in your fuse block, you can get little lugs at the parts house that go over your fuse lug then you cram the fuse back in, just be sure to go THROUGH the fuse, or add an additional fuse. Pray, the installation did not damage any components, undo quick so it doesn't. If components were damaged. You will have a good time getting it fixed. Find a pro.

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Toyota Tacoma
Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Rear