Cylinder head temperature sensor location

LEROYBUBBA
  • 2012 FORD F-150
Where is the cylinder head sensor located?
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 AT 10:37 AM

PATENTED_REPAIR_PRO
At the rear of the right cylinder head back near the flywheel/flex plate. Here is a diagram and a guide to help you step by step with diagrams BELOW to show your coolant sensor location.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/coolant-temperature-sensor-cts-replacement

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed.
Tuesday, January 30th, 2018 AT 11:56 AM
LEROYBUBBA
How do you get to it? Do you need to remove the passenger fender well?
+4
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 AT 6:18 AM
PATENTED_REPAIR_PRO
I bet if you mark, then remove the hood you can right down in there and remove it, but honestly, I do not think that you would have to. I know you probably will not have to remove the fender.
Have you even attempted to reach it yet?
Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 AT 6:31 AM
LEROYBUBBA
Yes, I tried to get to it. Can get my hand on it but having trouble disconnecting the plug. Know I will have trouble getting socket in it.

Decided to change it because cooling fans would not kick on. After checking fuses, relays and making sure fans worked I found the weep hole on the water pump had antifreeze leaning out of it. Yesterday I Changed the water pump and replaced a 185 degree thermostat (changed one month ago due to overheating) with a 165 degree thermostat, the fans now come on. No overheating and noticed gas mileage improved. Old pump impeller good shape and did not slide on shaft but pump bearings had slack. What fixed the overheating issue?
-1
Thursday, February 1st, 2018 AT 7:14 AM
PATENTED_REPAIR_PRO
Probably because the cooling fans now come on. If you did not do anything specific to make them come back on, perhaps wiggling around those wires at the cylinder head temperature sensor caused the fans to come back on. If so, you might have a loose connection there.
+1
Thursday, February 1st, 2018 AT 8:24 AM
LEROYBUBBA
Thank you.
Friday, February 2nd, 2018 AT 5:14 AM
PATENTED_REPAIR_PRO
You are welcome!
Friday, February 2nd, 2018 AT 7:47 AM