Cylinder one misfire

TIFFANY ABBOTT
  • 2009 HYUNDAI ACCENT
My car started off acting like it was running out of gas, I ran some fuel injector cleaner in it because the check engine light was not on. The problem still occurred onto the next day. That day, the check engine light came on. I took it to AutoZone to have them read the code. Which was P0301, also known as cylinder 1 misfire. I automatically changed all the spark plugs, but when I pulled the cylinder one spark plug out, all the ceramic was gone off of it. I turned the engine on and it was knocking and shaking. I then had them read the code again because it was still going on. AutoZone said that it was the ignition coil, so I changed that. That was also not the problem, so I started doing research myself and came to the conclusion it might be the crankshaft position sensor, because I read online the symptoms of that being bad and it sounded identical to my problem, so I replaced that. The problem is still occurring and I am running out of options. Please help!
Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 AT 9:41 AM

I always suggest to take to a local mechanic because on misfires it is very hard to diagnose. As it can be a basic engine problem or a sensor or fuel injector. A mechanic has a better scanner to test other things to see what is wrong. It is the cheapest option in these cases. Auto parts people only sell parts they do not know what is wrong either as they do not work on these for a living. We do (professional mechanics).
Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 AT 10:22 AM