Cranks over kinda faster then normal

GETERDUN-US
  • 1993 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Okay. Just put the fuel pump on tried to start and still nothing. But it sounds like its turning over kinda fast. Does not even want to fire. Did it jump timing or could thete still be something simple wrong? Everything was fine the othet day. Had no problems, no weird sounds, or anything. Bout to put a match in the gas tank. Please help
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 11:16 AM

Scan for codes and check fulepressure with a gauge first. Check all fuses underhood and check compression.
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 12:25 PM
When discussing an engine-related problem we really need to know which engine you have. Have you checked for spark? If you have the 3.0L, is the distributor turning? Do you hear the fuel pump run for one second after turning on the ignition switch?
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 1:56 PM
GETERDUN-US
Sorry its the 3.3l and its got a 940 code lack of messaging from engine. What would cause that?
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 2:03 PM
How are you getting that code? Three-digit codes didn't start until the '96 models.
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 2:11 PM
GETERDUN-US
Thru the cluster panel. On the cluster an astrik is blinking. Researching on the web says hold down trip and reset and it does a test and pops up 940 code which by the web of course they say that code means a lack of messaging from engine
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 2:15 PM
That's a new one for me. I'll have to try that on my '95 Grand Caravan. That would be an instrument cluster code. For Engine Computer codes cycle the ignition switch from "off" to "run" three times within five seconds, leave it in "run", then count the flashes of the Check Engine light. You'll get a series of one to five flashes for the first digit, a pause, then one to five flashes for the second digit, then a longer pause before the next two-digit code shows up. The last code will be code 55 which just means "end of "message".
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 2:23 PM
GETERDUN-US
Not working. Cant get it to do it. There has been no engine light on. It does come on when turning the ignition on but turns off.
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 2:33 PM
Then you'll need a scanner or a code reader to see the fault codes. Have you checked for spark?
Thursday, August 22nd, 2013 AT 3:10 PM