Cranks but wont start after replacing transmission pump

GARY1962
  • 2007 DODGE CHARGER
Dealership said my transmission pump was bad, so I replaced pump. Now car wont start. It ran fine before changing pump. Had the car jacked up pretty high on one side and battery disconnected for couple weeks. Any idea what the problem could be? Also, no codes are coming up.
Sunday, December 4th, 2016 AT 7:54 PM

Try resetting security system battery was disconnected so it set security. See link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system
-1
Monday, December 5th, 2016 AT 7:34 AM
GARY1962
Tried all reset security options you suggested, still not starting. I do not think it was bad, but replaced crank sensor located on nag 1 transmission bell. Still not starting.
-1
Monday, December 5th, 2016 AT 9:47 AM
Scan for codes and check fuel pressure with a gauge then auto parts rent it. See link.
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start
-1
Monday, December 5th, 2016 AT 12:07 PM
KEN
Hey Gary,

It sounds like you left one of the system grounds off up a the bellhousing. Can you recheck the grounds and get back to us please?

Sometimes eletronics can go out by just sitting there as well such as a fuel pump or a crankshaft angle sensor.

Here are a couple of guides to help.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system.

Please run some tests and get back to us so we can continue helping you.

Best, Ken

-1
Monday, December 5th, 2016 AT 3:39 PM
GARY1962
Checked fuel pump, it's good. Not showing any codes, but battery was disconnected for awhile and it hasn't started since. Checked ground on transmission, that's good. There is just the one ground there, right? Another thing, should the engine have power going to it even when key is off? The fuel injectors and ignition coils still light up even though key is off. Also I put a new cam position sensor on it. I can't figure it out!
-1
Thursday, December 8th, 2016 AT 1:36 AM
No when key is off no power should go to engine. Check coil/s as maybe they got burnt up from power being on all the time also check ignition switchor front ignition module which a mechanic would need to scan for codes for. Also check asd relay and fuse 11in pdc
-1
Thursday, December 8th, 2016 AT 5:56 AM
GARY LETNER
Car has been at dealership now 2 weeks can't get started replaced PCM still NP start
Tuesday, December 20th, 2016 AT 10:35 PM
KEN
Hey Gary,

It sounds like a tough one, if I was working on it I would disconnect all sensors except the crank cam and throttle actuator to see if I could get spark back again. One of the sensor could be shorted causing the computer to lock up.

Please let us know what happens, we are interested to know.

Best, Ken
Wednesday, December 21st, 2016 AT 10:16 AM
GARY1962
Well they got the car to start, but it only starts if you unplug crank sensor, if you plug it back in the car dies. I tested output voltage on crank sensor and it's 5 volts but when you crank the engine it goes down to 0 volts. Is that what it's suppose to read? If not what could be the problem.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:21 AM
It cold be the pcm but with the condition you describe this has to be physically looked at to figure out what the problem is you may have done something and forgot.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 5:43 AM
GARY1962
The dealership just put a new pcm in it. Is the voltage to the crank sensor suppose to go up or down when you crank the engine over? It showing code P0335
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 6:50 AM
Yes it should have 5 volts on crank as well otherwise it won't start. As you have had the transmission out check for a pinched harness there and do a wiggle test on crank sensor harness then see if it will start if it does the harness at sensor may be bad or poor connection. Check wires form pcm to crank sensor for resistance and check asd relay or switch with a like relay.
Tuesday, December 27th, 2016 AT 7:12 AM