Cranks but no start

THOMAS RICHARD IVAN JR.
  • 1990 FORD RANGER
Had alternator go out, barely made it home after switching batteries three times. Switched to a new rebuilt alternator. Now it wont start. Everything checks out except, not getting injectors to spray, I removed the entire rail and had my wife turn key, no fuel spraying out of injectors. What is the malfunction. Please help!
Friday, September 16th, 2016 AT 12:30 PM

KEN
It sounds like you blew a fuse please check all fuses in the PDC here is a guide. Also is the security light flashing? If so lock the truck up and wait fifteen minutes then unlock the drivers door.

Here is a guide that can help you

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-cranks-but-wont-start

Please let us know what you find so it will help others.

Best, Ken
+1
Friday, September 16th, 2016 AT 1:28 PM
THOMAS RICHARD IVAN JR.
Checked all fuses, they are all okay. Plus, truck has no security system, bypassed inertia, neutral safety switches, and fuel pump.
Removed fuel rail, had my wife turn key, no fuel spraying from injectors.
Friday, September 16th, 2016 AT 2:20 PM
KEN
Remove the distributor cap to see if the rotor is going around. When the engine is cranked over, next check for spark at the plugs, here is a guide to help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-a-fuel-injector

and

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-test-an-ignition-system

Best, Ken
-1
Friday, September 16th, 2016 AT 7:41 PM
THOMAS RICHARD IVAN JR.
No distributor, it is a 1990 2.3L with dual (can not remember what they are called). It has fuel pressure in the rail. But injectors fail to spray fuel? I am leaning on buying the ICM, but I heard of so many persons buying the unit to nothing changing. I cannot afford the computer, and I cannot afford to let truck sit. I tried the self test but my "Check engine" bulb burnt out and wont accept new bulb, so I tried the self test with multi-meter, could not get that to work either.
I turn the key and fuel pump is pumping, starter is spinning very good, so I spray starting fluid in the air intake and motor comes to life a couple of seconds and dies. I need to know exactly which computer to replace.
Friday, September 16th, 2016 AT 9:30 PM
THOMAS RICHARD IVAN JR.
Someone said there are four computers in my truck two wheel drive, no power windows, no power door locks, plain Jane Ranger, I just took it on a hundred mile round trip, three times last week. Two weeks ago, I mean. The alternator went out, it fried it again, after I rebuilt it, so I put a new rebuilt in, and it would not start. I have been messing with it, for ten days now, I am so far behind its pitiful. Mostly been online looking for answers. But the 2carpros are the best so far.
Friday, September 16th, 2016 AT 9:36 PM
SATURNTECH9
Do you have a bulb test light to do some testing?
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 3:31 PM
THOMAS RICHARD IVAN JR.
Found the problem. Remember I had checked all fuses. Well, this morning I started from scratch. Found out that someone had removed a fuse from under hood. Talk about sabotage. The EEC fuse was taken and who did it. Thank you guys from 2carpros. Have a good rest of the weekend.

Sincerely, Tom Jr. Truck runs like new.
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 3:38 PM
THOMAS RICHARD IVAN JR.
Found the problem. Remember I had checked all fuses. Well, this morning I started from scratch. Followed directions from easy fix. Com. Found out that someone had removed a fuse from under hood. Talk about sabotage.
The eec fuse was taken and who did it, well that's gonna be on another web site. Thank you guys from 2carpros. Have a good rest of the weekend.
. Sincerely,
. Tom Jr.
. Truck runs like new.
SATURNTECH9
You are welcome glad to hear it tell your friends about us.
Saturday, September 17th, 2016 AT 3:43 PM