Crank no start condition

FRANK LOPEZ2
  • 2002 NISSAN SENTRA
Hello, my car died about a month ago driving uphill in the highway. People helped me and they checked for spark and there was none and tried to start it with starting fluid but was no successful. So I have no spark, in any coil, I disconnected it and checked if I have voltage and ground and I do, how can I check for signal? I am not positive if I got a good reading. I have changed a new crankshaft sensor, and that is all I have done so far. The starter cannot be, and I don't know about the alternator. But would that make the coils not have spark? Someone help me, thank you.
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 5:09 PM

JIS001
There was a recall for replacing the cam/ crank sensors. Call your local dealer so that they run a VIN check or you can check it yourself.

https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/

If the recall was complete then try a cam sensor. Here is what the recall letter looked like.

Nissan has determined that some 2000-2003 model year Nissan vehicles may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. The engine might stop running while being driven if the crank position sensor or cam position sensor fails. This may also result in the "Service Engine Soon" light coming on or reduced engine power. If the engine stops running while driving, this could result in a crash without warning.

IDENTIFICATION NUMBER

Nissan has assigned identification number R3022 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communications and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign.

NUMBER OF VEHICLES POTENTIALLY AFFECTED

The number of vehicles potentially affected is approximately 572,000.

DEALER RESPONSIBILITY

It is the retailer's responsibility to check Service Comm for the campaign status on each vehicle falling within the range of this voluntary safety recall which for any reason enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in a dealer's inventory. Federal law requires that new vehicles in dealer inventory which are the subject of a safety recall must be corrected prior to sale. Failure to do so can result in civil penalties by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. While federal law applies only to new vehicles, Nissan strongly encourages dealers to correct any used vehicles in their inventory before they are retailed.
Friday, October 7th, 2016 AT 5:20 PM