TEMP LEAK UNDER GLOVE COMPART. DURING 6HR TRIP. UNKNOWN CAUSE...

2010 Toyota Corolla

atovarpestana

July, 8, 2014 AT 2:33 PM

Last weekend I went out of town (6 hours each way). About 3 hours into the trip going out of town, we noticed a puddle of water by the front passenger feet. We identified a leak under the glove compartment. We turned off the A/C and it stopped leaking shortly after, so we kept going. On the way back, we only turned on the A/C during the last hour of the 6hr trip. The next day, we took it to the dealership and the mechanic said that there is nothing wrong with the A/C. He said that the line and filter are ok. He thought maybe we had spilled a drink, but that is the first thing we checked. He mentioned that maybe rain water had somehow filtered, but the leak started way before the rain. My car never got hot throughout the trip and the water was cold and clear, with no smell or oily feel to it. Is it possible that the A/C line got temporarily clogged and somehow cleared by itself along the drive? Or should I be concerned that there is something else wrong with my car?

Jacobandnickolas

July, 8, 2014 AT 6:58 PM

Based on everything you said, it sounds like the drain was plugged. Is it still doing it when the AC is on?

Replace Your Turn Signal Switch Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Window Switch Replacement and Test