Cooling system

• 1 POST
  • 2002 BMW 330CI
  • RWD

Everything is new or in good condition. We flushed the radiator all is fine there. My mechanic said he also flushed the engine by adapting a hose to it and found a paste like substance that came out of the engine block? He said it looks like a product called "easy seal"?

After flushing the engine made the car idle for an hour or so and all was fine.

On road test traveled about an hour hour at eighty km per hour the car started overheating again!

Can you give me any suggestions on what to do next?

Thank you,

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 AT 10:19 AM

Are cooling fans coming on?

Goop in the engine, My best guess (goop or not) would be the radiator has mineral deposits, and maybe your goop restricting the internal cooling vanes.

Home flushing does not get rid of the build up well.

The "traditional" old time radiator shop that dealt mainly with brass radiators would disassemble them and rod out each vane, reassemble and paint for $35-$40.

The new aluminum/ plastic ones do not get that sort of treatment.

So, let's say you picked it up and it cost $50, well you still have the same fourteen year old radiator.

Should you decide to get a new one, look this over, first cost of a new one, see this link

At this site/ online store/ neighborhood store, just so happens a store near me has it in stock (or I can click and find another on at another store!) This makes this work even better!

We can do better!

A lot better!

See this next link, you may have to go with the newer codes or find better ones (some of these still work well!)

So I am guessing you can save $40-$50 on it!

It will be new, no build-up!

Let us know what you figured out.

The Medic

Wednesday, September 14th, 2016 AT 4:50 PM