Coolant leak

ORENANNA@YAHOO.COM
  • 2003 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
Hi, I have a coolant leak from faulty freeze plug on engine block. Job will cost $600.00 I cannot pay this amount. In the summer I refilled car with water but in the winter here in New Jersey that is no longer an option. I put in a gallon every week. What are my options if I do not want to put $600.00 into this car?
Thursday, December 8th, 2016 AT 3:00 PM

Well depending on the size and location, this could be an option.

And yes, if this helps, you are going to need to use anti-freeze again.

Look behind door # 1!

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web/PartSearchCmd?storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&pageId=partTypeList&suggestion=&actionSrc=Form&langId=-1&vehicleIdSearch=-1&vehicle_1060326=2015+%3A+Cadillac+%3A+CTS+Performance+%3A+3.6L+217CI+V6+FI+VIN%3A+3-LFX-Flex&searchTerm=freeze+plug+-+rubber&searchedFrom=header

Keep us posted!

The Medic
-1
Thursday, December 8th, 2016 AT 5:36 PM
ORENANNA@YAHOO.COM
I don't understand what option? In the winter I cannot refill with just water? And adding antifreeze every week will be expensive so what can I do? What do you mean look behind door #1
Friday, December 9th, 2016 AT 6:06 AM
KEN
Hi ORENANNA,

It sounds a little expensive for just a freeze plug. Do you no where it is located, maybe the shop just doesn't want to do it. You need the engine to hold coolant so I would get a second opinion, most shops wont charge you to just look at it.

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken
-1
Friday, December 9th, 2016 AT 11:39 AM
There is no option like ken says get a second opinion if it's that much money it must be in a fairly inaccessible place
-1
Friday, December 9th, 2016 AT 12:02 PM
ORENANNA@YAHOO.COM
Yes its near or on the engine block. They have to remove the transmission to get to it
Monday, December 12th, 2016 AT 6:39 AM
That is why i'ts 600 dollars check with a trans shop see if they will do it cheaper.
Monday, December 12th, 2016 AT 7:37 AM

Related Leak Content