2005 Chrysler Town and Country Van will not start after a c

TSNYDER
  • 2005 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
I recently disconnected a stereo/amp I have had hooked up for years. When reconnecting, as I have done in the past, I cannot get van to start. I disconnected streo and amp after this happened, and still nothing. I checked the relay and the battery.I tried jumping the battery, changed to a new battery. Still nothing. I checked the fuses under the hood, they are good. I am stumped. The starter just clicks when turned over. All the lights in the van work and when turning over they all still stay lit. Could it be that the starter just happened to go out when I was hooking the stereo/amp back up? Or is there something else I could be missing?
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 3:49 PM

You hit it. It's a coincidence. Or, ... The starter felt sorry for the amp!

If you have the little silver Nippendenso starter, it is common for them to develop worn solenoid contacts. It will crank the engine if you cycle the ignition switch to the "crank" position a few times. The contacts can be replaced seperately, but most people just replace the entire starter.

Wednesday, March 3rd, 2010 AT 7:14 PM