POWER LIFT GATE PROBLEM

2002 Chrysler Town and Country

ccarbo

April, 23, 2008 AT 12:43 PM

2002 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 82000 miles

I have a 2002 T& C and it has power sliding doors and lift gate. Well the lift gate does not open. It will click and pop open but then do nothing, it will not start lifting the gate. I can grab the handle and pull it is wiggles but it still half latched. I must press the lever and then it will open manually. If I open it and then push the remote button to close it the tail lights flash 2x then it does nothing. What is wrong? Maybe motor or latch? My drivers sliding door pops open too and acts the same and that is the latch from what I've read on forums. I checked the wiring harness and it looks fine. I want to do this myself because I know the dealer price is going to way more than I want to put into it. I would like to stay a Chrysler T& C user but this isn't helping the cause at all. Any info is great! Thanks.

Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Replacement Toyota Corolla