1998 Chrysler Town and Country

TAU
  • 1998 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
My car would not start, due to the weather, I put the key in the ingnition but it is not turning over, even if I steer the wheel right and left the key in entering freely, the automatic centeral locking is working, but nothing else seem to work.
desparate T
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 2:14 PM

I'd make sure the battery has a full charge and the battery cables/wires are all clean and tight on both ends.

Does the key turn to the crank position? Can you tell if there is a load on the starter circuit, with the key in the crank position? You might turn on the lites, watch the lites when you try to crank. Do they go out, stay bright, something?
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 2:30 PM
TAU
The key will not turn or even flintch, it is not broken or anything like that, I did not plug it in for one night and the next morning, I can not turn the key.
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 2:39 PM
Have you tried a different key? Have you tried jiggling the shifter and steering to see if the key will turn? I can't think of anything else.

If nothing works, you may have to get at the lock cylinder/ignition switch. If you work on it, make sure you disable the airbag where applicable.
Friday, January 2nd, 2009 AT 3:08 PM
TAU
[quote="Tau"]The key will not turn or even flintch, it is not broken or anything like that, I did not plug it in for one night and the next morning, I can not turn the key.[/Quote
Thanks fo all the help JDL123
it actually cost me $.097c to fix it,
it is called the "antifreeze lock" which you can purchase at wal mart and it really works.
Anyone with the same problem just buy the antifreeze lock you will save tones of money.
Thanks angain JDL123
Saturday, January 3rd, 2009 AT 2:12 PM

Related Engine Not Starting Content