1997 Chrysler Town and Country Bleeding brakes

JAMES GUSTAFSON
  • 1997 CHRYSLER TOWN AND COUNTRY
  • AWD
Hi I have just replaced pads and rotors on my 1997 Town and country. Upon trying to bleed I get fluid from the left rear and the right front? The left front and right rear will not bleed. No fluid comes out of the lines at all and the caliper pistons don't move at all? I replaced the master cylinder also and did the bench bleeding according to instructions but it made no difference. Can you help. Thank you Jim
Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 9:16 PM

Triple check and test the brake master cylinder though its new

DESCRIPTION & OPERATION
Standard brake system is a front disc and rear drum brake type system. Optional four-wheel disc brake system is available on some 1997 models. Brake system consists of following components.

Automatic Adjusting Rear Drum Brakes
Brake Fluid Level Sensor
BRAKE Warning Light
Double-Pin Floating Caliper Front Disc Brakes
Height-Sensing Proportioning Valve (Models Without ABS)
Master Cylinder
Power Brake Booster
Proportioning Valve (Models With ABS)

A diagonal-split hydraulic brake system is used. One master cylinder circuit supplies pressure to right front and left rear brakes and the other master cylinder circuit supplies pressure to left front and right rear brakes. Parking brake uses service brake shoes operated by parking brake cables.
-1
Sunday, August 1st, 2010 AT 10:37 PM
JAMES GUSTAFSON
Hi I have checked the master cylinder and when I loosen the rear line with pedal pressure applied fluid shoots out with force, when I do the same with the front line just drops of fluie come out. But if I disconnect the line and hold my finger there it will shot a stream? Could this be the proportioning valve sticking? How would I check this?
-1
Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 7:33 AM
Could be check and test it
-1
Monday, August 2nd, 2010 AT 4:26 PM