What next

PABROWN38821
  • CHRYSLER SEBRING
I have a 1998 chrysler sebring I have replaced the spark plug wires, and new plugs, map sensor, throttle body sensor, the o2 sensor, the car still has no power, when it cranks you have to floor the gas pedal, and it drinks lots of gas, I am a disabled single mom and can't afford to go to a chrysler shop for fixing we are trying to do it on our own and different computers are saying so many different things, one says mass air flow problem, one says that 2 injectors are shorted together, I love my car, it's the nicest one I ever owned and I want to get it fixed my son has tried ething but nothing is helping, it seems when u replace one thing another code comes up, any info greatly appreciated
Friday, December 1st, 2006 AT 6:06 AM

CARUNDELL
Hey pabrown!
I'm going to assume some things here first, that you have the ability to "scan" the vehicle for codes. Having said that I STRONGLY recommend you reinstall the original PCM (computer) and get the codes (if any) Now some questions

1. Did this issue occur all of a sudden or was it a gradual, over time loss of power?

2. Has the timing belt ever been replaced?

Any other information you or your son could give would be very helpful!

Regards,

Chris
Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 AT 3:24 PM
PABROWN38821
We have a scanner we are now getting the P0108 Manifold Absolute Pressure/Barometric Pressure Circuit High Input, it acts now like the fuel pump is out but it has gas on the spark plug if one is taken out we have not replaced timing belt, this has happened over a time not ll of a sudden, I bought the car last year and was told by the family member it only needed a hot battery, after I got it home a week or so later was told someone had poured oil all over the motor for a grudge this was not visble as they had cleaned the engine before I got it, but I love my car and it only has a 147,000 miles, my uncle once had a chrysler thathe got 400,000 miles out of it I am hoping for that to happen here.
Thank you so much for replying
Tuesday, December 5th, 2006 AT 9:59 PM
CARUNDELL
Hey,
Ok, with the original PCM in you get a M.A.P. Sensor circuit code, and you mentioned in your original post that you had already changed the MAP and "someone had pored oil" all in the engine compartment and then cleaned it. So.I'll assume the new MAP is in and you need to:

1. Check the MAP's electrical connector, ensure the "pin" are intact and the wires have not pulled through

2. Carefully inspect the wiring after the connector for kinks, cracks or even a broken wire. Inspect it very closely as the wiring insulation still may be intact but the wire inside may be broken

Let me know

Chris
Wednesday, December 6th, 2006 AT 3:58 AM