2000 Chrysler Sebring Replaced Temp sensor & fan relay

VINCE325
  • 2000 CHRYSLER SEBRING
Fan works when a/c & defrost are running. Put in new temp sensor and high speed fan relay, ran up to temp and NO fan. What's next? Thanks.
Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 8:02 AM

INTERNETMECHANIC
Did you try checking for mil codes? According to MOD, you should be able to access some mil codes? You cycle the ignition switch, on--off, on--off, on. Turn turn key just till the dash lites come on, no further. The mil starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes. The databases are not always correct,but, it won't hurt to try.

Below is diagram for low speed fan relay. The info I looked at was sebring LX. Terminal #5 is voltage for the load switch side of relay, hot all the time. Terminal #3 is voltage for the coil side of relay, goes hot when you turn on the key. Terminal #1 is ground for the coil side of relay, controlled by the pcm. When the relay is energized terminal #4 becomes hot and carries voltage to fan.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/512072_sebring_LX_fan_1.jpg

Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 10:32 AM
VINCE325
Should I have changed the LOW speed fan relay first? I only replaced high speed. Thanks for your response.
Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 3:04 PM
INTERNETMECHANIC
I wouldn't change anything without checking relay circuits. Any applicable trouble codes?
Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 3:33 PM
VINCE325
I've tried the key on-off and can't get anything to flash. Is it going to show up in my dashboard set of lights?
Friday, June 11th, 2010 AT 4:22 PM
INTERNETMECHANIC
Yes it would be a lite on the dash, if it applies to your vehicle. The databases are not always correct.
Saturday, June 12th, 2010 AT 10:12 AM