1998 CHRYSLER SEBRING FUEL?

• scott2877
  • 1998 Chrysler Sebring

1998 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

It seems that the car is not getting fuel. It died on the expressway. I changed the fuel filter. It ran for one day. Died again. It attempts to start but will not. I changed the fuel filter again. No luck. Please help. Thank you!

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 3:32 PM

• JDL

Hello, if you think it is a fuel issue, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Key on engine off, can you hear the pump run for a second or two?

You can also get some codes by cycling the ignition switch. You just cycle the key till the dash lites come on, no further. On--off, on--off, on, then the check engine lite starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes.

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 3:51 PM
  • scott2877

Thank you! I will go try that right now.

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 4:00 PM
  • scott2877

Okay, I just tried the ignition on/off, on/off, on. And the check engine light was on for 1 second and then shut off. No blinks. Does that mean anything?

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 4:05 PM
  • scott2877

I do not hear the fuel pump. I hear a noise that makes one clik. Sorry I really do not know much at all. Hope I am givig you something to go off of.

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 4:21 PM
  • JDL

Did you try checking for codes? There is a fuel pump relay in the power distribution center under the hood, you can pull the relay, use a testlite, have helper crank the engine, while you check for two hot terminals. There may be a diagram on the relay, the voltage for the switch/load side of relay, hot all the time. The voltage for the control/coil side of relay, is hot with engine cranking.

Monday, June 1st, 2009 AT 5:16 PM