FUEL?

1998 Chrysler Sebring

scott2877

June, 1, 2009 AT 3:32 PM

1998 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

It seems that the car is not getting fuel. It died on the expressway. I changed the fuel filter. It ran for one day. Died again. It attempts to start but will not. I changed the fuel filter again. No luck. Please help. Thank you!

June, 1, 2009 AT 3:51 PM

Hello, if you think it is a fuel issue, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Key on engine off, can you hear the pump run for a second or two?

You can also get some codes by cycling the ignition switch. You just cycle the key till the dash lites come on, no further. On--off, on--off, on, then the check engine lite starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes.

scott2877

June, 1, 2009 AT 4:00 PM

Thank you! I will go try that right now.

scott2877

June, 1, 2009 AT 4:05 PM

Okay, I just tried the ignition on/off, on/off, on. And the check engine light was on for 1 second and then shut off. No blinks. Does that mean anything?

scott2877

June, 1, 2009 AT 4:21 PM

I do not hear the fuel pump. I hear a noise that makes one clik. Sorry I really do not know much at all. Hope I am givig you something to go off of.

June, 1, 2009 AT 5:16 PM

Did you try checking for codes? There is a fuel pump relay in the power distribution center under the hood, you can pull the relay, use a testlite, have helper crank the engine, while you check for two hot terminals. There may be a diagram on the relay, the voltage for the switch/load side of relay, hot all the time. The voltage for the control/coil side of relay, is hot with engine cranking.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic