2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser overheating

SHA77NNA
  • 2002 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
I have done everything possible to repair the overheating, my question is everything has been checked and my car still runs hot on the gauge in the car, could the fan and fan motor not working to its full potential make a difference?
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 4:39 AM

If the fan is coming on-Get it block and pressure tested this will tell you something
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 4:48 AM
SHA77NNA
I was told that the fan comes on but its running very low or weak! My car is not running hot to the touch its only on the gauge in the car! I noticed somewhere else in the forum something about the cooling system relay fuses, could I change those also?
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 4:58 AM
If its the relay I don't think it'll run at all. Could be the temperature gauge itself. Check the coolant temperature sensor or the temperature gauge/switch
+1
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 5:04 AM
SHA77NNA
Where is the temperature gauge switch located and/or the temperature sensor its a pt crusier is it underneath the engine?
+1
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 5:09 AM
Disregard the engine temperature gauge switch and check the CTS resistances located at front of cylinder head.
Thursday, March 26th, 2009 AT 5:17 AM
SHA77NNA
Would changing the radiator fan relay fuse high and low speed help? What I guess im asking is do you think that by those fuses being bad could make the car run hot or should I say make the water boil so fast, honestly to think about it im not sure the fan is kicking on or if it is its running really weak.
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 5:13 AM
Honestly to think about it im not sure the fan is kicking on or if it is its running really weak. You need to actually check this to confirm it.

Have you checked the thermostat
Friday, March 27th, 2009 AT 11:31 AM