2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Keeps stalling

YOUKAR
  • 2001 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER
This has been happening about a year now, I will be stopped at a light and the car will just stall. I have had 2 crank sensors replaced the last time being in April of this year. It just started stalling again only this time not only when I am stopped at a light but while I am driving 70 MPH on the freeway. I am taking the car back tomorrow to the same mechanic, whom I have trusted for quite some time but I am a little skeptical right now, to have him look at it again this week. He said the vacuum line was off 3 days ago. I really need your help. Thanks.
Thursday, November 6th, 2008 AT 11:30 AM

Hi:
If the car is dieing at 70 MPH, chances are it's not a vacuum hose. When it dies, is it all at once or does it feel like it's starving for fuel. If it's all at once, it's most likely electrical. Otherwise, you may want to have the fuelpump pressure tested.

As far as the engine dieing at an idle, that could be caused by a vacuum hose.

Let me know what you find or if you have any other questions.

Wednesday, November 12th, 2008 AT 7:43 PM

Related Engine Stall While Driving Content