'95 Neon losing fuel pressure

FRENCHY
  • 1995 CHRYSLER
I have a '95 Neon with only 130 000 KM's, It has Intermitent problems while driving, seems to be getting more frequent. Once a day now instead of once a week previously.

While driving, it just loses all engine power, electrical, lights and dash still fine.
While this is hapenning, you can push the gas pedal all you want, just doesn't go. If I press it in ever so sightly, it goes real slow.
While it was doing this I pulled over, removed the fuel pressure test cap and pressed the tip in to see if it had any fuel pressure, barely had anything. Fuel was just sputtering out.
Quickest way to resolve the issue seems to be by turning key off/on. I can now even do it in neutral whle driving so I don't have to pull over. I don't even have turn the motor off really, just a quick turn of the key, click off/on real quick, put tranny back into Drive and away I go, good for another 5-10 minutes.

I tested fuel pressure (with screwdriver) while this intermitent issue was not hapenning, and fuel came out like a nice mist, like a jet.

Fuel pump module has been replaced. This includes the pressure regulator, which I thought must have been faulty, but still having same issue. Any ideas?
Sunday, January 29th, 2006 AT 2:19 PM

JACK42
Maybe the fuel pump relay
Tuesday, January 31st, 2006 AT 4:52 PM