1996 Chrysler LHS Dead Instrument Panel

CORDERBO
  • 1996 CHRYSLER LHS
My wife drove her car yesterday with no problems. Today she started it up and drove off but was back shortly with an air-conditioner that was inop along with a gas gauge, speedometer, Tach and oil pressure gauge that are dead. The radio works, I have checked the fuse panel and they are all good and checked the fuses under the hood just for heck. They all pass visual & ohmeter checks. Everything in the car works except for these instrument panel gauges and the air conditioner. Is there a master relay that feeds these items? Sure need some help. Thanks, Bob
Saturday, September 19th, 2009 AT 7:58 PM

KHLOW2008
Hi Bob,

Thank you for the donation and sorry for the delay in replying.

After checking through the wiring circuts, could not find any mastrer switch for resetting and the only item common among the two are the fuses A and J in power distribution center.

That could mean a fault with the ignition switch or bad ground connections.

For AC, is it only the blower motor is not working or the panel does not allow you to operate?

Does AC blower motor operates at maximum speed?
Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 AT 3:18 AM
CORDERBO
I'm sorry but it took so long for any response that I had to give up on you guys. I dug back into it myself and decided to visually check every fuse I could find. As I stated in my question, everything worked in the car with the exception of the Instrument gauges, Message Center and the Air Conditioner (and that means no blower either). There is a clue in that sentence that should tell you a lot. I pulled the Message Center fuse and found that it in fact was blown and when I replaced it, everything started working again. Unfortunately the A/C not working diverted my attention away from the problem which was the Message Center and how or why they have the A/C tied into it is a mystery to me still. Sorry guys but just a 5 amp fuse and yes, I would like a refund at this time as stated in your home page.

Thanks,
Bob
Tuesday, September 22nd, 2009 AT 7:43 PM
KHLOW2008
Glad that you have solved the problem and sorry we were not of help.

Will get the admins to process the refund for you.

Thank you for using 2carpros.
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 AT 9:56 AM
2CARPROS MIKE
Hi Bob,
We are sorry we could not help you this time. We do our best to answer everyone as fast as possible. We have refunded your donation and hope we can help you next time.
Thanks,
Mike
Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 AT 12:05 PM