1992 Chrysler Le Baron My car shuts off while I'm driving I

JACKIEG
  • 1992 CHRYSLER LE BARON
When I'm driving my car, the engine will randomly cut off and it won't start again right away. Sometimes I have to let it sit over night before it will actually start up again. It's turning over when I try and start it, it sounds like it really wants to start, but it's not catching. I've had the fuel filter and pump replaced and it seemed like it solved the problem for a little while, but now it's doing it again! I love my Le Baron and would really like to keep it, but I'm going broke trying to fix it. Has anyone else had this problem, or know what it could be? I'm desperate!
Saturday, September 20th, 2008 AT 5:40 PM

Hi:

How long ago was the fuel pump replaced? Everything you described, sounds like the fuel pump. Is the check engine light coming on when this happens?

If not, I suggest that you have the fuel pump pressure / volume checked to eliminate the fuel pump. It would be great if you had it done when the car dies on you.

Let me know how it works out for you.

Saturday, October 4th, 2008 AT 11:02 PM