1990 Chrysler Le Baron intermittent battery discharge

MAYZO
  • 1990 CHRYSLER LE BARON
1990 Chrysler Le Baron 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 140k miles

Am having a problem with the electrical and charging system. The car starts up fine but after driving for a while and shutting it off, then restarting, the starter cranks very slow and usually will not start again. I have had the alternator checked out by three different places and indicated it was good. Replaced battery with a new one(900 cold cranking amps). Had the remote starter and alarm system removed, at the same time a short was found to the door(s) interior lights and repaired. I replaced the fuel pump. Ignition was replaced also. All the fuses are good and everything works. Hard restarting does not happen all the time but is happening more frequently. If the car sits longer than a few months, the battery is dead. Could this be bad undetectable diodes in the alternator or could the starter be going? Computer?
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010 AT 2:39 PM

Could be the starter overunning clutch is slipping
Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 1:38 AM