Coolant leak with NO overheating

HATEMYCHRYSLER
  • CHRYSLER CIRRUS
My money pit, errr, 2000 Chrysler Cirrus with a 6 cylinder and 75,000 had recently been through tie rods, control arm buxhings and major transmission work.

Emphassis on the Transmission work as that MAY help diagnose this problem.

I have a very small amount of coolant leaking out the rediatoor cap with a very little bit of steam at the same time. When it happens the overflow bottle is very full but the temp gauge is still in the normal operating range.

I've noticed this a couple times now but thought since there was no overheating I may just have had too much antifreeze in it (is that even possible?).

I would have made a donation, and still will, but it doesn't list a payment method and if I click "confirm donation" and it takes me to a Paypal link I won't be able to fulfill that request.

What could make this happen, is it possible it's as easy as a bad radiator cap, or should I be concerned when the tranny work was done it may not have been re-installed correctly? The tranny is connected to the cooling system, right?

Blown head gasket? HELP!
Sunday, March 18th, 2007 AT 1:12 PM

Replace the R/cap-cheap fix.
Sunday, March 18th, 2007 AT 5:38 PM