2007 Chrysler Aspen stuck rear brake rotors

DONNYZ1
  • 2007 CHRYSLER ASPEN
I cant seem to get the rear rotors off. I sprayed and tapped on the rotors they wont budge, their is no screw to remove and no bering nut, they should just pull off? I think maybe I need to remove the E-brake cable? And if I do HOW? Thanks Don
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 3:44 PM

MERLIN2021
Sometimes if this is the first pad change there will be two flat spring washers(tinnerman) that hold the rotor on, but it does just pull off, use a bigger hammer!
-1
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 3:59 PM
DONNYZ1
Yes I got those little washers off. Still did not come off. Im getting the bigger HAMMER out now. I hope I dont knock off the rear axel Im pretty strong. HeHe! Thanks Don.
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 5:23 PM
MERLIN2021
Let us know how you do Hercules, I mean Don.
Monday, August 9th, 2010 AT 6:53 PM
DONNYZ1
Thanks for your site! I love it.I had do do a few things before I got the bigger hammer out. And when I got back my son had came home 2 help me and he knew of my plight. So he grab a big rubber mallet and hit the rotor into the or toward the center axel. On one side then on the other side, this is a trick he learned from doing his earlier this month, and he said it came off pretty quick? Maybe the penatrating lube I sprayed earlyer helped? But if this question come up again I would say Hit the rotor on the flat outside with a rubber mallet on one side then the other if u are saving the rotors and if u are buying new ones as I was, just hit them hard with any big hammer from behind-out toward you. Because if you are getting new ones you dont care if u hurt the rotors. Well thanks for your quick responce I will be sharing this site with my friends! Very cool site. Don
-1
Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 AT 4:11 PM
MERLIN2021
Thanks Don, if you need anything else, don't hesitate!
Tuesday, August 10th, 2010 AT 4:29 PM
CHUCK ENSLIN
I have a 2008 aspen limited 4wd hemi, and I have the same issue. I can not get the rotor off. Hammer does not work. I need to adjust or loosen the parking brake inside the rotor I a, assuming, but I do not see or can find the adjusting screw to release the tension for that. Can someone, anyone help me please?
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 AT 12:40 PM
Previously answered
-1
Sunday, June 18th, 2017 AT 2:15 PM