2001 Chrysler 300

MSMIMMS
  • 2001 CHRYSLER 300
I was driving and car just turned off. I attempted to restart and nothing happened. Car attempts to turn over but it will not. Most say fuel pump. I got this replaced by a side mechanic however it still will not start. Now people are saying it may be fuel filter. Or master reset. Im not for certain at all
Friday, February 5th, 2010 AT 12:51 PM

ERNEST CLARK
First of all, is your check engine light coming on? If so, then that's the first place to check. AutoZone will scan your computer for free and give you definitions. If you need further assistance, write back and I'll help you from there.

Next, listening to people's opinions is a bad thing, especially if they don't know what they're talking about. And replacing parts in hopes of fixing a problem never, ever works, and only costs you money that could've been spent with a mechanic.

Now, whenever you have a no start issue, you have to diagnose the problem in a logical order, beginning with the easiest.

This would be spark, fuel, compression. You first check to see if your spark plugs are firing. If they aren't, you trace the ignition system until you find out why they aren't. If they are, then you next check fuel pressure. If your pressure isn't good, then you trace that system until you find out why. If your pressure is good, then you check to see if the injectors are firing. If they aren't, find out why. If they are, then you move on, etc.

If a mechanic isn't familiar with this process, then he/she isn't really a mechanic. And anyone who tells you to replace something because they "think" that's the problem, is someone you don't need to pay any attention to.
Thursday, February 11th, 2010 AT 8:55 PM