CUT OUT AFTER 15 MINS

2000 Chrysler 300

hopes300

April, 24, 2010 AT 7:21 PM

2000 Chrysler 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 96000 miles

2000 300m 4 door sedan. It will run for 10-15 mins, after a jump. Then cut off. Altenator, starter replaced. I inherited from my parents who were the only owners and they kept it in mint condition. Ex-brother-in-law was master mechanic and supposively replaced above parts and ran diagnostic but coud not find reason. Everything in car comes on, lights radio etc. Battery tested and in great condition. Have been told it may be a sensor issue but I cannot afford a 500.00 diagnostic. Any suggestions on how I can fix?

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

April, 25, 2010 AT 6:05 PM

Next time it cuts off do below immediately don't wait for nothing to catch it -if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine atleast 3/16 away from ground-have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it