Engine Won't Start

CHARLIE LINCOLN
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 71,000 miles

We have a 2004 Chevrolet Venture that would not start without being jumped. As soon as the battery jump box was un hooked the van would die. After charging the van fully over night the van would start and run. After sitting for 4-5 months without being driven I recently installed a new battery to put the van back in service. After installing the new battery the van won't start. There is power to all the accessories (and they work) We jumped the starter and it functions. Next, we checked all the fuses (under hood & dash) and all check out good. Is there a fusable link in this model that may have failed due to repeated jump starts? Any other ideas on where to look next? Thanks for any advice in advance, Charlie

Tuesday, August 3rd, 2010 AT 8:07 AM

2CARPROS KEN

Hey Charlie,

It sounds like you have a battery cable that is no good. Use a test light and see if there is power down at the starter lug (big one) and then replace the cable if there is not.

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 12:09 PM
LA INDOMABLE
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

My van turned off while driving got jumped started made it home. The battery, security, low fuel, and low brake fluid lights came on. Got battery charged at auto parts was told something was draining battery tried to jump start again but would not turn on but interior lights and exterior come on I can hear a whirring noise could it be the alternators gone bad or the starter?

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 12:11 PM (Merged)
2CARPROS KEN

It sounds like the battery has gone bad. Here is a guide to help you test it.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/car-battery-load-test

Please let us know what happens.

Best, Ken

SAMOOJ020608
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

2004 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 85000 miles

I have a 2004 Chevy Venture. It has always ran good and given no problems. Yesturday I pulled up at work before lunch and then after 30 mins. I went back out to go to lunch and the van will not start. We have tried to jump started it, I have put more gas just to make sure even though the meter said a 1/4 full. They check to see if the spark plugs were firing and they were. It sounds like it tries to start, but it just turns. They also checked the starter and that was fine. So, please tell me what it could be

-1
WRENCHTECH

There is a whole series of tests to isolate the cause but the most common cause in these is the fuel pump. You need to test the fuel pressure using an accurate gauge.

• 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

Engine turns over but won't start

Hard 1st thing in morning, then spins good, starts and dies immediately. Starts again and runs ok most of day until stopped and restarts, again hard to start but does not die. Whats my problem?

ASEMASTER6371

Start with fuel pressure check when condition exists

M.S
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

Pls fromj year ago the engine not turn on because I was travelling. When I came I try to start engine it turns on difficultly.I went for 5 km to gas station and filled with 35 liters. When I continued and finished my jobs I turned off the engine and closed the car. Next day, I tried to turn on the car engine the starter is okay but no ignition.I made a test no electrical signal injection. Please tell me the solution. What can I do in this case, and thanks with regards.

ASEMASTER6371

Does it crank over?

Is there good battery power?

DDAVISON
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

Computer problem
2004 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

my van wont start. Here is what it is doing. When I put the key in and turn it makes some clicking noise from the insterment panel, the gages try to move in reverce. I can barley hear the fuel pump and I am not sure but I thought it was louder before this problem. I bought it from a buy hear pay hear place and it ran great. They said they would need to install a device called a passtime this has a coad to put in each payment. After they installed it the insterment panel quit working correctly so I figured it had something to do with this device. I have always have hade issues with this device the coads have to be put in time and time again. Now it wont do anything and I have diconected this device and did not change anything. I have checked all fuses.

Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 AT 12:12 PM (Merged)
DAVE H

Reconnect the device. It willl not start with device disconnected !. Charge or replace the battery. These devices need 12.5 volts constantly and will not let vehicle start if below this voltage. It could have been turned off by sattelite, check with the dealer, it could also be a bad connection on the device, have the dealer check the device is working correctly.

LA INDOMABLE
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE

Where is the crankshaft sensor on my van? How do you reset the security system?

Here is our link for security reset although one in pic may work as well. there are two crank sensors see pic
https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system