2004 Chevy Venture engine start, but stalls within 7 second

CRCURLEY
  • 2004 CHEVROLET VENTURE
Right after I made a left hand turn, the engine stalled. I coasted for a second and stopped. Fuel was low but not empty. I tried to start the engine, but it would not start as if out of gas. The van sat for about than forty minutes while I got fuel. Put a gallon in, the engine started, but stalled in about ten seconds. I tried the engine again and it would not start. I let it sit for about fifteen minutes. The engine started but stalled in 7 seconds. ? I am stumped. Lol

I have checked the coolant level, I have cleaned electrical fuel connections. I will be using an OBDII next. Any suggestions before I do this. What might be a quick and inexpensive fix for this problem. I am at my wits end because the tester may not read it.

Thank you for any help and have a great day.
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 11:12 AM

DAVE H
Check fuel pump fuse !

Also check? SECURITY Indicator Illuminated and Engine Does Not Start
The theft deterrent control module (VTD) or the PCM has detected a problem with the theft deterrent system. The VTD module is unable to measure the ignition key transponder value. The System is in Learn Mode, refer to Programming Theft Deterrent System Components
Tuesday, April 6th, 2010 AT 4:55 AM