2001 VENTURE

• mcpljim
  • 2001 Chevrolet Venture

I WAS USING THE VEHICLE TWICE THE SAME DAY AND THE IT WOULD NOT START. WHEN I TRIED TO START IT THE LIGHTS DIMMED AND NO RADIO ETC. TRIED TO JUMP START BUT THERE WAS NOT EVEN A GLIMMER FROM THE INSIDE LIGHTS ETC. AFTER ABOUT 5 MINUTES WHEN I TURNED ON THE IGNITION AND TRIED TO START IT THE ONLY THING THAT CAME ONEWAS THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND NOW NOT EVEN THAT.

Tuesday, August 28th, 2007 AT 10:54 PM

• Service Writer

I assume this is a 3.4 motor?

While this may not be the case, it needs to be mentioned. The intake gaskets can go on an instant and fill the cylinders causing a hydrolock. Since the starter can't overcome the fluid compression, it will dim the lights and not crank. I can bend the crank shaft by trying. Before getting too far with this, check the oil and coolant for a level or odd color to it. If anything abnormal there then we need to continue down that path.

Having said that, how old is the battery? Sometimes a jump won't take from a lousy connection with the cables or maybe you have a loose battery cable. Check and get back.

Wednesday, August 29th, 2007 AT 8:42 AM