2000 CHEVY VENTURE START BUT QUICK STALL THEN CRANK AGAINST

• sshdsilverado
  • 2000 Chevrolet Venture

2000 Chevy Venture 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 150000 miles

driving van on high way got off on an exit started to stall punched gas to make it in to parking lot van died tried restart sounded like it was out of gas replaced fuel pump old one sounded intermitin and fuel presseure not high enough motor starts runs like crap for a few secounds then dies then sounds like its cranking againts compression struggling get a back fire though intake once in a while then it will fire and stop the motor from cranking tried a new cam sensor still same allso getting a strong smell of gas in oil thought about changing crank sensor but still get the hard cranking I think this motor has the nylon timing gear but not for sure could it have jumped timeing please help any ideas will be used Oh and allso new plugs and wires and o2 sensores less then 1000 miles ago and water pump and fuel fillter and fuel pressure regulator ****help*** junk yard is next for it

Friday, April 9th, 2010 AT 12:22 PM

• Dave H

Have a compression test carried out !

Friday, April 16th, 2010 AT 3:52 AM
  • kasartak

OPEN REAR SLIDING DOOR RIGHT AT
THE DOOR REMOVE PLASTIC STEP PLATE PULL UP CARPET YOU WILL SEE THE REAR WIRING HARNESS THE
PLUG MAY BE CORRODED OR SEVERED TRY THIS IT MIGHT HELP YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM.

GOOD LUCK,

FROM FIXED RIGHT AUTO

Sunday, July 29th, 2012 AT 4:05 AM
  • kasartak

IM SORRY I DIDN'T PUT WHO WAS FOR. THIS MESSAGE IS FOR SSHDSILVERADO.

FIXED RIGHT AUTO

Sunday, July 29th, 2012 AT 4:12 AM