2008 Chevy Uplander Dexron III Fluid

MONTANA27
  • 2008 CHEVROLET UPLANDER
I put 4 to 6 ounces of Dexron III transmission fluid in my 08 Chevy Uplander van to top it off. I didn, t know that it was supposed to be a new Dexron VI fluid. Will this little amount of III hurt my transmission?
Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 1:45 PM

BRIAN 1
It shouldn't, this info will be in your owners manual, 2006 And Prior GM Cars and Light Duty Trucks

2006 Hummer

2006 And Prior Saturn Vehicles

2006 And Prior Saab 9-7X

Equipped With A Automatic Transmission or Transaxle

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
The use of Dexron VI in place of Dexron III.

Recommendation/Instructions:
Dexron VI can be used in any proportion in past model vehicle equipped with a automatic transmission/transaxle in place of Dexron III i.E. Topping off the fluid in the event of a repair or fluid change. Dexron VI is also compatible with any former version of Dexron for use in automatic transmissions/transaxles.

Dexron III must not be used in place of Dexron VI in models that specifically call for the use of Dexron VI, fluid and component life will be compromised.

DO NOT use Dexron VI in place of CVT fluid or in any component that does not specifically call for the use of Dexron III (or any former version of Dexron).

Post back with any other questions.
+2
Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 AT 1:56 PM