2005 Chevy Uplander Sliding rear left door

CASCA
  • 2005 CHEVROLET UPLANDER
The door won't unlock from the inside or remote or switch. The child safety switch was not activated. Is there a fuse that might be blown? What am I missing? Should I remove the door panel?
The warranty expired 5/08.
Oh yeah. The remote won't activate the right rear sliding door but it will open and unlock the other doors.
Wednesday, January 7th, 2009 AT 11:00 PM

BRIAN 1
Which door?Does it not work from the B-pillar switch?Does it work from the overhead console switch?Need more info.
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 9:48 AM
CASCA
Won't work from overhead console. Not sure where B-pillar switch is located. Seems like the locking mechanism is off track. Thanks for your help.
My brother is a BMW master tech but lives in another state.
Thursday, January 8th, 2009 AT 10:04 AM
LITTLEGREENMAN
Was this issue ever resolved for you? I have the same model 2005 Uplander V6, with the same problem. The left automatic sliding door won't open by the handle (inside or outside), the fob, the headliner switch, or the "B" pillar switch.

It sounds as though a solenoid engages, but there is no motor noise whatsoever. We have not removed door trim yet, and have never set the child safety lock-out.
Monday, May 31st, 2010 AT 10:13 PM
CASCA
Nope, no one can give me a clear answer. We like our van and bought American for it's dependability. (?) Why won't GM/Chevrolet step up and take care of their customers, beyond the warranty. I hope you can find a resolution soon.
Tuesday, June 1st, 2010 AT 11:12 AM
GMTECH
I bet your problem has to do with the handle itself. I have seen lots where the plastic bracket on the back of the outside handle separated so the lock gets jammed so it won't unlock or lock.
Monday, October 25th, 2010 AT 11:16 AM