Radio fades out or wont tune in

FIRESCUE412
  • CHEVROLET TRUCK
I have a 94 k1500 WT with 200k+ miles that are mostly highway miles. About a month ago I was driving along and my radio just lost reception on everything. I could scan or manually search but not get anything. I checked the antenna and everything looked fine. I also checked the wiring going to the control head and the main modual, all looked ok. I went out a wk later to use the truck and the radio worked fine, til I shut the truck off to get gas, then no radio again. I let the truck set for about a wk again and it worked just fine til I turned ignition off then back on again, radio didnt work. Sounds like a bad ignition switch to me, but I want to be sure before I take the thing out, or replace the radio. What does anyone think? : : ?
Monday, October 15th, 2007 AT 9:49 PM

FIRESCUE412
I forgot to mention that this is the stock style radiowith no cass. Also when the radio wont tune or fades out there is static coming from the radio. I just went out and tried the radio again without starting the truck and had radio, turned the key off and back on again and had static?
Tuesday, October 16th, 2007 AT 9:52 AM

Sponsored links